Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Community Supported Agriculture



 Wendy on our team here at Whole Foods Network, recommended that I watch the video above entitled "The Real Dirt on Farmer John". I have often wondered what it was like when we had family farms everywhere across our nation, and why we only see remnants of what was once a thriving industry. It's sad to see empty farms houses and barns falling apart and land taken over by weeds, when I drive across our country. Because I know that every lost family farm means more factory farms. This story helped me to understand what happened from a farmer's perspective. In the end, farmer John goes back to the start with Community Supported Agriculture. Maybe we all should seek to do the same in our communities. Pull up a comfortable chair, get some organic popcorn, and enjoy the story!


No comments:

Post a Comment